The Latest News

Yesterday I had my 33 week appointment. According to last week's ultrasound the baby weighed 4 lbs. 4 oz. (They grow at roughly half a pound a week at this stage.) Ethan is measuring in the 70th percentile, and he's grown into his head so it's no longer considered big. Hallelujah!!! It did appear that he is going to have big feet like his daddy though.

My NST yesterday went very well. He was squirming all around the entire time. My blood pressure was still decent. Dr. Richter says if I start to dilate in the next few weeks she plans to induce me on February 8th, when I'm 38 weeks, in order to lessen the chance of my developing pre-eclampsia. (She does this with all her patients that have chronic hypertension, so it's not because of a problem but rather to lessen the chance of a problem occurring.) If the baby is still healthy and my blood pressure is okay but my cervix is not ready then she'll let me go a little longer. I'm praying for the 8th though because I can't wait to meet my little one! When I told Drew the news I think it finally hit him that he's going to have a baby here in the very near future.

In other news, we have our newborn care class tonight and our last childbirth class on Monday. They've been rather informative, so we're happy we chose to attend. With Ethan's arrival coming a little earlier than expected we've really got to get in gear. There is still so much to do!

To Do List:

Week 33

  • Pack the hospital bags
  • Fill out all leave paperwork
  • Wash baby clothes/bedding
  • Order breast pump

Week 34

  • My doctor's appointment Monday 1/11
  • Last childbirth class Monday 1/11
  • Baby shower with church friends Tuesday 1/12
  • Baby shower with friends and family Saturday 1/16

Week 35

  • My doctor's appointment Monday 1/18
  • Meet with babysitter Monday 1/18
  • Meet with pediatrician Thursday 1/21
  • Breastfeeding class Saturday 1/23

Week 36

  • My doctor's appointment Monday 1/25
  • Baby shower at work Tuesday 1/26
  • Last ultrasound

Week 37

  • My doctor's appointment Monday 2/1
  • Make sure everything is in order for my substitute at work
  • Get the house spotlessly clean (yeah right!)

Week 38

  • Induction Monday 2/8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Only 32 days left! I need to stop blogging and get to work. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Live life to the fullest and never look back! Join Kelly, Drew, and Ethan in their latest adventures!
 
Copyright 2009 The McNamee Family All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes